About the Role
• Civil engineering design including roads, car parking and sustainable stormwater drainage design.
• Structural engineering design including concrete, steel, masonry and timber design on a wide variety of commercial, industrial and residential projects.
• Planning and managing CAD documentation, working closely with other Engineers and Technicians.
• Attend onsite meetings with the client and other members of the design team.
• Carry out site inspections to ensure compliance with design and coordination of reporting etc.
• Responsibility to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with agreed timescales, quality and costs.
• Ensure compliance with the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• The candidate will also have the opportunity to become involved in business development activities through growing relationships with new and existing clients.
• Contract Duration: Permanent.
• Salary: Negotiable.
• Company Pension scheme available.
• Company bonus scheme applies.
• Travel Expenses apply.
Please return CV’S to McArdle Doyle, Second Floor, Exchange Building, The Long Walk, Dundalk, Co Louth or email@example.com
• A degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
• Minimum of 4-6 years postgraduate experience in a Civil/Structural Engineering consultancy role.
• Ideally be Chartered or actively working towards Chartership.
• Experience of working closely with Clients and other members of the design team.
• Competency in AutoCAD essential and a working knowledge of CADS RC & Revit desirable.
• Experience using Civil 3D and Windes.
• Working knowledge of structural analysis software such as Tekla Tedds & Tekla Structural Designer.
• Must have experience in design to Eurocodes.
• This role will suit an Engineer who has gained strong design skills and is now seeking to advance their project management skills.
• Possess excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills.
• Full-clean driver’s license.
About the Company
McArdle Doyle are a Dundalk based Engineering and Project Management Consulting practice serving the retail, commercial, petroleum and residential construction sectors.
Due to continued expansion we are seeking to appoint a Civil/Structural Design Engineer. The role is a permanent position offering the candidate the opportunity to join a progressive practice with clear path to senior management. The position offers the opportunity to lead project design with clear mentoring from the project director.